APPLYExpress your interest and select the time you would like to schedule a conference call with the nonprofit.
PREPAREFamiliarize yourself with the nonprofit. Do some quick research and skim through anything you can find such as their website and/or social media.
STARTYou'll have an 1 hour call to help a nonprofit leader navigate their challenge.
Tips for getting the most out of your sessionFamiliarize yourself with the nonprofit. Do some quick research and skim through anything you can find such as their website and/or social media.
Make a list of questions you have to clarify your understanding of their challenge.
Have the mindset of keeping the call focused on an issue that can be addressed in a 1-hour consultation, and steer the nonprofit to tangible next steps.
We are a non-profit focused on enabling speech and debate activities and skill development for high school students at all types of schools. To date, our financing has been focused on membership fees and entry fees from our annual national tournament. We are interested in advice on fundraising and other financing approaches.
The National Catholic Forensic League is an organization originating from the Catholic secondary school community in the United States for the purpose of providing a service to all secondary school students.
In imitation of the example of Jesus Christ, who gave both humble service and articulate leadership, we seek the truth spoken in charity.
All of the following regulations are inspired by and seek to further these fundamental human values.
The purposes of the LEAGUE shall be:
- to encourage and to assist in the development of articulate leaders through whose skills truth may be widely spread and become an influence in the life of the nation,
- to promote curricular and co-curricular speech and debate activities in Catholic, private, and public secondary schools throughout the nation,
- to establish, to maintain, and to coordinate a system of Diocesan Leagues with the purpose of administering schedules of interscholastic speech and debate activities,
- to assist individual schools in speech and debate activities where no Diocesan League has been established,
- to sponsor and to administer the annual Grand National Tournament of the League.
Every year the NCFL sponsors the annual Grand National Tournament on Memorial Day weekend, offering six forensics events and four debate events.